Terms & Conditions
General Order Terms
These terms may be subject to amendments. Your order will be subject to the most recent Terms and Conditions at time of order. Acknowledgement and acceptance of your order.
1. Goods ordered will be made for you and to your specifications at the time of purchase, therefore goods cannot be cancelled or exchanged, and the balance will be required within 30 days of delivery. Your order is a legally binding contact.
2. A 50% Non-refundable and Non-Transferable deposit is required when placing your order.
3. If we are unable to provide any goods or services our liability is limited to the return of any monies paid by the customer for those goods or services.
4. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Sizing and colours
1. All goods are ordered in the best standard size decided by Take a Vow based on the measurements shown and agreed overleaf.
2. The customer must make sure the correct size and length are ordered regarding the undergarments and shoes chosen to be worn with the gown. Changes to shoes and undergarments may affect the size and length required.
3. Take a Vow cannot be held responsible if the customers size or body shape changes between the time of order and the time of arrival and/or collection due to weight loss/gain or pregnancy.
4. If the customer wishes to order a different size for any reason to the size recommended by Take a Vow using the customer’s current measurements, Take a Vow cannot be held responsible if the item fails to fit or needs major alterations.
5. Please note that small amounts of tolerance up to 1inch in regard to size/length are not classed as faults and can occasionally happen. The hems of gowns with pick-ups and/or frills, ruffles, pleating or layers may have slight dips and rises due to the nature of the design/manufacture and shall not be classed as a fault.
6. Samples are to be used as a guide only for size and detailing. Please note that many garments are handmade and actual garments ordered may have small differences to samples viewed.
Delivery and Collection
1. Delivery dates are for guidance only and do not constitute a condition of this order.
2. Occasionally, the manufacture of your goods may be delayed through circumstances beyond our control. Take a Vow cannot be held responsible for changes to delivery dates. In these rare situations we will do our utmost to provide your goods or a suitable alternative wherever possible in time for your wedding date.
3. If you change the wedding date, we cannot automatically change the delivery date and express charges may become payable, it may even become impossible to deliver the goods in time.
4. The remaining 50% balance must be paid within 30 days of notification that your goods have arrived in store.
5. Your account needs to be fully paid with cleared funds prior to alterations or the release of any goods.
6. Outstanding balances on items that have been in store for over 30 days may be subject to interest. Failure to collect your goods by the date requested may also result in a storage fee.
7. Failure to pay for in full and collect your goods within 6 months or by the wear date given, whichever is sooner after suitable notification by Take a Vow may result in the loss of your deposit and the re-sale of any goods.
8. All goods remain the property of Take a Vow until paid for in full. No title to, or interest in the goods shall pass to the customer until all monies due and owing have been discharged.
9. Acceptance of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the customer's acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and that all goods are fit for purpose.
1. Please be aware that most garments will require alterations as standard.
2. Alteration costs are not included; these will be advised at the time of purchase for standard bodice and hem adjustment. Any further minor design alterations will be quoted separately. All alteration charges are payable in full at the final fitting.
Stock or Sale goods
1. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any goods from stock or sale.
2. For all stock and sale goods full payment is required within 28 days of purchase, failure to do so may result in interest and/or a storage fee being charged.
3. Failure to pay for in full and after suitable notification by Take a Vow may result in the loss of your deposit and the re-sale of any items.
4. Stock and sale goods are sold subject to the condition at the time of purchase. Please make sure you are completely happy with the goods as no refunds will be made as a result of that condition.
Storage and Faults
1. Many items use fine fabrics, embroidery, beading and/or sequins which can easily be damaged so care must be taken during wear at fittings/events and during storage.
2. In the case of a manufacturing fault, Take a Vow will either mend or replace the item at their discretion. If an item is to be replaced the customer must be aware of standard delivery times for a replacement.
3. A refund will only be given where goods cannot possibly be repaired, and a replacement is no longer available.
1. We are committed to protecting your privacy. All information will be treated as confidential. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.